Friday, August 19, 2011

Chips. Healthy lunch I know.

Ello my lovelies.

A lot has happened since my last posts in July and there is a lot that I haven't told you. So I'm going to do my best and just tell it as it is. If you don't want to read the following I won't blame you. I treat my blog more like a journal than something for you guys....sorry.

The trip in July to California was to visit my grandparents. It was the last time I was going to see my grandpa before he died. That night was really hard. There wasn't really a goodbye. We just said I love you as he shuffled into the back bedroom. I cried the whole way back to the house. No one noticed.
You see, my grandpa had cancer. They said he had a few weeks. I returned to Wisconsin after the end of the trip and continued with the normal stuffs there. My parents texted me one morning before work to tell me that he would be passing in the next few days. He passed that night while I was at work. My parent's text read something like "There is an email from Grandma you will want to read. We love you." I knew what it was going to say before I read it. I managed to finish my shift. I thought I would be fine but I could tell that I was having a hard time as I finished up. I clocked out, walked outside and as soon as I got to my truck just lost it. I was just like....really? here? in your work parkinglot.... get it together! But no, there I was clinging to the truckbed sobbing my face off. I hate crying.

The rest of my time in Wisconsin was great. :) Sephre and I crammed a bunch of fun stuff into the time we had left. Photoshoots, trips to the asian market, vlogging, antique stores, goofing off, pilates, all that good stuff.
There was the usual stress of packing my stuff up and trying to organize stuff to go back home, getting ready for the wedding I was in, and worrying about the funeral/memorial service. For a while we thought that both Sephre and I would maybe be able to go together but I turned out she couldn't make it. :(
After one last trip to the asian market before I left, we packed up the truck with the extremely confusing and complicated straps (go us) and I made the 6 hour drive home leaving my sister cousin behind. I was sad to leave.
I ended up stopping a lot. I had to add the tarp to the contraption so that my stuff wouldn't get soaked and it took me two tries. The first try was probably about half and hour and the second an hour. It was deathly hot and I was glad to get back into the air-conditioned cab. After that I really didn't want to make anymore stops so I pretty much drove straight through.

Once I got home and unloaded the truck with my daddy I think I just went to bed. I was so tired. The next day I went to worship practice after attempting to unpack everything. It was just Bree, Cheese, Piggy and me but it was good.

We left for Oregon the next day. The day after we arrived was the wedding rehearsal. There were two days to just hang out and then there was the wedding. It was amazing. I would have to say my two favorite moments from that part of our trip would be when I helped my other cousin with his songwriting and the wedding reception. We went to bed soon after leaving the reception. Two hours of sleep later we were at the airport to catch our flight to California.
We arrived in Cali and got some In-n-Out burger. The wake/viewing was that evening but thankfully I didn't have to go. I am very tired of seeing dead bodies and I didn't need the closer. I stayed at my aunt and uncle's house with my cousins instead. Dinner was had and the next day was the memorial service. It was the hardest funeral I have ever been to. I had six people die last year and didn't cry for any of the funerals. Tears were shed at this one. Quite a few. Moving on though. It was good to see family again (even though I had just seen them) and I enjoyed being squished in a limo with my two cousins and the rest of my side of the family. It was their first funeral. I can't imagine.

We went home the next day and I went straight to the County fair with friends. After that I had a sleep-over at Mnonaa's house with Bob.
The next day I went to the beach with Tallkid and hung out for the rest of the day adding Bree laterish for a Target run. I eventually slept over at her house.

Since then it's been fairly busy. I have slept at my own house twice since being home from the trip. Tallkid left yesterday for school and Bob leaves today. St. still goes to college a fair distance away and Mnonaa is a fair distance as well. Everyone's busy.
I'm back to my old work here and that is going well. I got lots of hours my first week back which is good because I need the money. I got my textbooks for around $100 which was a shock and a happy one at that. I'm going to buy myself a nice new backpack. :)
I work 6-c tonight and start school on Monday. 8am class 45 minutes away! wooo

I came home this morning and tried to catch up on all of the blog posts I've missed from the people I follow. Since it started a few months ago it will take me a while. I got a load of laundry done, put away my luggage, and plan to run to Target and Khols right about now.

There's been more that's been going on than that but that is my update for you. You can email me if you really want more.

Until later interwebz
-Melina Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment