Friday, December 10, 2010

20 Things you may or may not know about me


I thought I would make this list of 20 interesting things about me. I saw it on V. Lavenders blog "The Lavender Ninja".  I really enjoyed it so I thought I would do one too. (I kind of followed her general things she talked about and/or just left some of the things that we have the same.) I hope it is interesting! If you have the time to do this on your blog, let me know! I'm excited to get to know you better too! 

1. I'm mostly Dutch but born in Minnesota USA (Minnesnowta :P)

2. I absolutely love clothes and shoes and makeup and stuff like that.  Funny thing that my parents told me though: When I was younger they wondered if I would ever care what I looked like or develop a style. Haha

3. I am fairly tall (5'7") but I wear heels as much as I possibly can.

4. I became intensely addicted to anime a few years ago and from there onwards progressed to korean dramas as well.

5. I was the youngest in my high-school graduating class and I was home-schooled my entire life until I started doing PSEO in high-school. (PSEO stands for post secondary education option and simply means you can take college classes in high-school for high-school and college credit)

6. I love a wide range of movies from Die Hard to She's The Man.

7. For my 20th Birthday I would love to find a forest and string lanterns from the trees, bring a bunch of blankets and pillows, lots of colorful decorations and put on a pretty dress for a picnic dinner. I have had this dream ever since I was little when I read the book (i think) called "Betsys Birthday" It is a really old book and I love it.
A picture of an idea for it

8. One of the items on my bucket list is to take a two week trip to Asia.  One week in Japan and one week in South Korea.

9. Supposedly I am related to both Queen Wilhelmina and John Smith.

10. I am an only child and always wanted siblings.

11. According to a facebook quiz I am 19 but I act like I am 23.

12. My dream is to teach ESL in Japan and be an author on the side.  I realize this would be incredibly difficult but I still want to.  (Thus the trip to check it out and find out what it is actually like)

13. I'm a Christian: born again believer.

14. Shoes vs. purses. Definitely shoes!

15. I am pretty much a wannabe Asian. *hangs head*  I am very interested in the food, fashion, language and culture. :D

16. I am on the internet everyday.  

17. Bubble Tea is my weakness.  If I go somewhere where I know it is there I have to buy it.

18. Trusting is hard for me but I still put a lot into my friendships and don't know what I would do without my friends to encourage me and keep me strong. (I love you guys)

19. My favorite Bible verse: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jerimiah 29:11

20. I have never been on a date. Never been kissed. Never even held hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment