Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I am slowly becoming more encouraged...is this...excitement I am starting to feel?

This is my youth pastors reply to the note I previously posted that I sent to him.

Nice quote, awesome lady. First of all, in my experience, that reaction is usually the best sign of someone who is ready for leadership. That may seem confusing but it's true. In the Kingdom of God we don't look for leaders who are anxious but rather those who are commitment have a heart for that ministry and understand the responsibilities they would undertake. So... your response actually confirms my pick. That being said, I don't plan on throwing you under the bus. I will train you and teach you so that by the time you lead solo the only question you'll have is, "How is the Spirit moving this week?" I love your honesty and if you remain terrified after we train than we won't go any farther, but trust in your Pastor and let's find out shall we?
....................................................................................................... 
I shall continue to pray about this but I am feeling encouraged even though I am still very ..... nervous? I can't seem to find the right word. Hmm. Anyway, I am interested to see what God is going to do with this.

Current Facebook status:
You have listened to fears, Child,” said Aslan. “Come, let me breathe on you. Forget them. Are you brave again?

Current email status:
Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny. -The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe

I love the Chronicles of Narnia interwebz. Do you?

-Melina Rose

2 comments:

  1. i have to say melina, this is quite the opportunity! glad to hear you are taking the situation to God in prayer. this shows your heart is in the right place. :) and sounds like your youth paster is pretty awesome...just.like.you!

    ReplyDelete