Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Winter "Break"

Ayo
So I know I haven't posted in a few days but really not to much has been happening. I have been attempting to get myself to do my homework, hanging out with friends that are back in town, lazing around the computer and random other stuff.
I just got back a grade on an assignment I turned in and I got an A on my symphony poster! Yay!
I turned in my Editorial design as well and should get a good grade on it as well. That checks off two out of my list of eight. Now, I know that sounds steep but only two out of those remaining six are large projects. I hope to finish quite a few today. It really stinks having to think about school while you are break as well. Extended classes are no fun.
I have found that the older you get the less your "breaks" are actually breaks. If I didn't have my extended class I would be working. Yes, you still get to have fun but it seems like you can't truly relax. I start school again the eleventh and honestly, I'm kind of terrified. If everything goes according to plan I'm graduating next semester. Now most people who hear this say "Aren't you excited? Have you applied for any jobs yet? What are you going to do?" This takes me back to graduating high school and the never ending questions of so what are you doing after high school? What college are you going to? What are you majoring in? *sigh*
Anyway, I'm not truly excited to graduate because with graduation comes pressure and responsibility. Pressure to immediately find a "real" job and responsibility to fulfill peoples expectations. What if I don't want to find a job in graphic design? If I had enough money I would want to go back to school for English! But there is that endless circle. You  need money to go to school, so you can get a job, to get money. Kind of stinks.
Well, I better get back to school.

What endless circles do you have interwebz?

-Melina Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment